The Modern Mann is a multi-award winning podcast with myself, Olly Mann and Alix Fox. I am ‘The Zeitgeist’ and it is my job to put trends to the test. I’ve had a gong bath, ran naked in the sea, eaten insects and hunted out crime.
Here is the RSS feed of the latest Modern Mann episodes for your lugholes.
- The BlueprintReggie Nelson grew up on an East London council estate to alcoholic parents. With drugs and violence all around him, he underperformed academically, and felt the only career options available to him were “music, football or crime”. Quintin Price grew up in India, with a cook, butler, and driver. His […]
- How To Run A Food TruckPippa Till gave up her job as a TV edit assistant to follow her dream of selling food at festivals, in her very own food truck. But she had no food, no truck – and no business plan. Armed with nothing more than derring-do spirit, a pile of debt and […]
- Charlotte Henry’s brother Alex was just 20 years old when he was charged with murder, attempted murder and GBH for a gang-related incident that lasted just 47 seconds. Even though he did not know the victim, and did not issue the fatal blow that killed him, Alex had run towards […]
- How did the credit card come to be invented? Who was the first man to be cryogenically frozen? And have you heard of the experimental drug club where Victor Hugo used to toke? The answers to these questions – and many hundreds more – can be found in the daily […]
- After surviving an incredible 200ft plunge from the Selkirk Mountains, British Columbia, multi-sport athlete Adam Campbell thought his mountaineering days were behind him. But, thanks in part to his wife, Dr. Laura Kosakoski, Adam was able to return to the slopes. Then, one day in 2020, he triggered an avalanche – […]
- Getting a screenplay into production is notoriously tough. Writer Jack Barth came closer than most – scripting an episode of The Simpsons, and attracting the attention of Lord Puttnam at Columbia Pictures. He achieved his dream after 40 years in the business, when his script ‘Cover Version’ was optioned by […]
- Jim Finch’s life changed forever when his car flipped over in a devastating accident that left him with multiple neurological problems. He developed PTSD, suffered from seizures – and even became afflicted with Tourettes. But the medication he was prescribed was almost as bad: triggering fits, impotence and bloody discharge. […]
- Olly, Alix and Ollie head to Bournemouth for their annual festive special, joined by young troubadour Thomas Headon and surprise special guests.It’s stuffed with songs, reminiscences and parlour games – and, of course, the legendary XXXmas Foxhole Christmas Quiz. ———————————— First up, new father Ollie Peart has broken his dietary […]
- Guy Babcock is not a paedophile. He is not a sociopath, or a racist, or a ‘deadbeat’. He has not served time in prison. And yet, if you search his name online, you get a very different impression: hundreds of posts, smearing his reputation, all over the internet. In this interview […]
- Ken, Kevin and Martin are armed forces veterans. They were discharged from the military; their comrades never discovering why. This Remembrance Sunday, for the first time, they’ve been invited to march past the Cenotaph. It’s a story of double lives, court payouts and military secrets – and what happened when […]