The Modern Mann is a multi-award winning podcast with myself, Olly Mann and Alix Fox. I am ‘The Zeitgeist’ and it is my job to put trends to the test. I’ve had a gong bath, ran naked in the sea, eaten insects and hunted out crime.
Here is the RSS feed of the latest Modern Mann episodes for your lugholes.
- Ken, Kevin and Martin are armed forces veterans. They were discharged from the military; their comrades never discovering why.This Remembrance Sunday, for the first time, they’ve been invited to march past the Cenotaph. It’s a story of double lives, court payouts and military secrets – and what happened when three men […]
- Pippa spent eight months struggling to conceive her second child. Then, on the brink of beginning IVF, she discovered she was pregnant.But, at ten weeks, she discovered there was a more than 99% chance that her foetus had Down's Syndrome. She and her husband Joe had already decided that, in […]
- Teaching English in Beijing seemed like a great opportunity for Welsh graduate Glen Williams, who’d previously spent time studying in China. He could brush up on his Mandarin, work with children, and earn up to £3k per month tax free.The hitch? The agency that placed him told him that every […]
- Living with narcolepsy – a rare condition that can cause you to fall asleep wherever you are, or whatever you’re doing – required Antonia Gentile to surrender her driving license, and step back from performing, cooking and even reading.As she explains to Olly in this insightful interview, narcolepsy and cataplexy […]
- Bedtime stories, ‘social stalking’ and sugar-rationing are on the menu as Olly reunites with comedy podcasters Tom Price and Stuart Goldsmith to compare notes on fatherhood.Their sons are now five years old, and in this episode our Dads ruminate on ‘world-building’, how to make friends at pick-up time, and the […]
- When Rosie Mitchell went canoeing on a dam in Zimbabwe’s Matobo National Park, she thought she’d soak up the views, and soon be back on shore to toast the New Year.Instead, she endured a terrifying close encounter with a 3m-long crocodile, who chomped down on her arm and ripped open […]
- As chief executive of the British Fur Trade Association, Mike Moser was the face of the UK’s fur industry. He met with politicians in China and Russia, and advocated his ‘luxury product’ in the House of Lords and at an EFRA Select Committee.Then, after a decade promoting the right to […]
- It began as a threesome, arranged through dating app Feeld – but soon Maggie and Cody realised their connection to Janie was more than sexual. No longer just an adventurous couple in an open relationship, they had become a ‘thruple’ – whose relationship with Janie (their ‘third’) was as vital and […]
- Olivia hardly knew her father. Her parents divorced when she was two, and she was brought up by her Mum.Sent to boarding school at the age of eight, she was estranged from her Dad for a decade.Struggling financially, and weakened by bulimia, she got a call from out of the […]
- Sun, sea and €1 drinks lure thousands of backpackers to Andrew’s hostel in a typical year. But 2020 was not a typical year.Confronting a doomed Summer season and 45 empty bedrooms, Andrew’s family turned their accommodation over to a diverse group of refugees, drug addicts, career criminals and victims of […]